Connect Groups are small groups of people who meet together weekly in a home, coffee shop, or even at the beach.
“SOAP” Connect Groups
• Open your Bible and spend ~10 minutes reading the portion of Scripture in your reading plan for today
• Write the reference of what you read in your journal along with the date.
• As you read, ask God to highlight a verse(s) that speaks into your life and write it in your journal. (
• Make observations about what you just read and write them in your journal.
• Think about: What is going on? What is the context or the people being spoken to? What is the background or setting for this verse?
• Paraphrase and write this scripture down in your journal, in your own words.
• What do you think God is saying to you in this scripture?
• Personalize what you have read by asking yourself how it relates to your life right now.
• Ask yourself how you can apply what you just read to your own life and write it in your journal.
• Ask yourself how your life will be different or changed as a result of God speaking this scripture to you?
• Write out a prayer to God in your journal.
• Your prayer should relate to the verse that you highlighted. It could be asking for help, thanking God, etc. Write down what your heart desires to say to God in response to his word.
Sign up for a connect group
We'd love to get you connected to a small group in your area. Fill out the form below to get started.
Small groups help people grow in their faith and build community. Our groups take place throughout the week in different neighborhoods, so use this form to find a group that's right for you. We'd love to have you join us!